So where did the firm start?
The origins of the firm lie in post-war Britain when, in 1946, Wilfred S Lynch left the army to set up in legal practice in Kenton Road, Harrow. His firm prospered, until in 1951 it moved from Kenton Road to a bigger location in Peterborough Road, near Harrow on the Hill.
Over the years the firm has expanded, taking over two other law firms from North Harrow, namely Swatton Hughes & Co and Bird & Kelly.
Perhaps some of the firm’s friendly approach originates from the family feel of the firm. There have been two generations of the Hornby family on the team, namely Michael Hornby, our former Senior Partner, his son Richard, our current Managing Partner, and his daughter Suzi. In addition, Peter Lever, one of our former consultants, was with the firm for over 40 years.
In addition to our Partners and Consultant we also have a number of Assistant Solicitors and a Practice Manager on the team.
Our clients range from national property developers to local firms and businesses and private individuals. We work on cases from property transaction work and will writing, to civil litigation and family claims and helping property developers negotiate for new housing sites.